Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fast Times at Shelter Cove

I've been following the dusty footsteps of Thru -hikers. It's hard to get lost when there are the omni-present footsteps! So much dust and so many people that have gone by.

Oregon has been good to me. Starting in Cascade Locks with a visit from friend Amy Sproston, a package delivered and a visit to Trail Angel Schrek. From there I delivered my own Trail Magic and carried out 6 PBR's for the first 6 hikers that I met. I enjoyed the Mount Hood Wilderness and best of all, a visit to the Timberline Lodges breakfast buffet!! There were about 20 Northbound hikers there, so I had some good company. I believe I have hit the "apex" of Northbound Hikers. Between the Timberline Lodge and Santiam Pass I most have seen 20-35 hikers daily!! I also received some amazing Trail Magic from A sweet couple Dave and Steady. They had been parked at the highway for 3 days - THREE DAYS!!! - with a picnic table full of treats and Subway Sandwiches for hikers. WOW.

I hitched out to Bend where I received my own personal magic from friends Chris and Darla Askew. I am forever grateful for the huge favor of a bed, fine company and shuttling me all over town and even back to the trail. Again, WOW. Such generousity! Thanks so much Chris and Darla.

And finally, on September 1, in the middle of the Goat Creek Wilderness I got my very first trail visitor!! My very awesome trail running friend Mark aka. Trail Dog appeared out of Nowhere with a hug and a smile. I get ready thinking about it, it was SUCH a wonderful surprise!! The company was Fab, just to chat and walk for a couple of hours. How lucky am I?

It should be mentioned how supportive my American Ultra Peeps have been. Way back with Michelle and Eric, Amy, the Askews and now, the Trail Dog. Thanks friends.

And I'm Off. I clearly have been putting in some big days and haven't had any time for all things computer. This girl is a moving!! Hope y'all are having your own amazing adventures.
























Location:Somewhere in Oregon

5 comments:

Ed said...

Awesome pics...

Helen said...

So glad the weather appears to have been kind so far.
Yet again amazing pics! Keep happy dancing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lesley,
Qu'elle belle aventure. I Really enjoy the pictures. The Pct trail looks amazing.
Enjoy your hikes.

Bisous
Isabelle, Emmanuel and Leo.

el moderno Prometeo said...

Hi Lesley,
Nice to hear from you. Awesome pictures! I'm glad to know from your adventures. Regards!
Javier

Anonymous said...

сontinuously i useԀ to reԁad smalledr content that also clear their motive,
and that is alѕo hаppening with this piece of writіng which I am
reafing now.

mү website; secured personal loans